If you have been involved in a hit and run accident, you may be wondering whether or not you need to hire a Denham Springs car accident lawyer.
At Pierce & Shows, we understand how stressful and overwhelming it can be to deal with the aftermath of a hit and run accident. Our team of skilled attorneys has helped clients in Denham Springs and throughout Louisiana recover compensation for their injuries and other losses after a hit and run accident.
In this blog, we’ll cover some reasons why you should consider hiring a lawyer for your hit and run case.
Investigating the Accident
A hit and run accident can be challenging to investigate, as the responsible driver may have fled the scene. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help gather evidence, interview witnesses, and work with law enforcement to identify the at-fault driver.
Maximizing Your Compensation
Insurance companies are notorious for trying to minimize the amount they pay out in claims, even in hit and run cases. A lawyer can help negotiate with insurance adjusters (or even go to court, if necessary) to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available for your injuries and other losses.
This compensation, also known as damages, may include:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of medical treatment for your injuries, such as hospital bills, doctor’s visits, and medication.
- Lost wages: If your injuries have prevented you from working, you may be able to recover compensation for the income you have lost.
- Property damage: If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress you have experienced as a result of the accident.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, the court may award punitive damages to punish the at-fault driver for their reckless or intentional behavior.
Dealing with Legal Procedures
Filing a hit and run claim can be complicated, especially if you’re dealing with injuries and medical bills. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal procedures and deadlines to ensure that you don’t miss any important steps in the claims process.
Protecting Your Rights
Insurance companies may try to take advantage of victims who are not represented by a lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help protect your rights and ensure that you are treated fairly throughout the claims process.
Decades of Experience in the Community
A personal injury lawyer who has experience handling hit and run cases will have the knowledge and expertise to help you navigate the legal system and obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Pierce & Shows Denham Springs Lawyers Today
At Pierce & Shows, we are dedicated to helping victims of hit and run accidents in Denham Springs and throughout Louisiana. Our experienced attorneys will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a hit and run accident in Denham Springs, don’t wait to seek legal representation. Contact Pierce & Shows today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options. We are here to help you every step of the way.